Dear Family and Friends, Spring 2009
I am writing to tell you about an exciting opportunity that God has opened for me. My church in TX, Champion Forest Baptist Church, is taking a group of people to Zhengzhou, China on a mission trip, June 28 to July 25, 2009. Zhengzhou is in central China, the ancient capitol, and where the terra cotta warriors are buried.
We will be primarily teaching conversational English to elementary school teachers at a private school. This mission trip is unique for we have contact with our students five hours every day, which gives us time to develop relationships and more opportunities to share Jesus. We will worship in one of the three churches in the large city.
Those of you who know me well know these two things: that I have wanted to go to China as a missionary for a very long time and that I have a passion for sharing God’s love and teaching English to my international friends.
I am writing you to ask your help in two ways. First, could you possibly help me financially? The trip is $2200 plus spending money. If you can help me with this, you can receive a tax contribution credit by making the check to Champion Forest Baptist Church. In the memo area, please put “China trip-July”. Do not put my name on the check. Please place the check in an envelope with my name on the outside. You may give the envelope to me personally or mail it to me at my address below.
Second, I realize that everyone who receives this letter can’t help me financially and I understand that. However, I do have one need that everyone can help me with . . . and that is prayer. Please pray for lives to be touched with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Also pray for our group to be safe and healthy.
Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I appreciate your support and prayers.
Sincerely,
Anita Thompson
3911 Coltwood Dr, Spring, TX 77388
phone: 832-482-0037 email: anita0257@yahoo.com
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment